If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Report to the VP – National Ops Support or through a respective Team Leader, The Energy Engineer (EE) is responsible for scoping, developing, and managing various Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). The EE must be capable of managing and completing multiple tasks and projects as per the specified project, Customer, and Ainsworth’s requirements. Utilizing sound engineering technical skills, the EE must complete and oversee the required day to day technical activities and tasks assigned to them. In addition, the EE may work with the VP of Energy Services and VP of Sales on the development of a National Strategy that will shape the opportunities that makes Ainsworth a leading HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, Operations & Maintenance, Building Automation Solutions provider in the Canadian Marketplace. The EE will also support other Ainsworth branches, when requested.
- Assist with administrative task, technical and operations including but not limit to: sales process in the development of FIMs, proposals, sales documents, and projects, as per client requests which align to Ainsworth’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with Sales Executives, VP of Sales, VP of Marketing and Marketing Coordinators in the sales efforts. Performs site visits and sales presentations, as needed.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinators and Project Managers to plans and schedules all engineering and may assist in coordinating the installation and subcontracting of assigned projects and tasks.
- Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors, etc.
- May be required to attend job and provides recommendations to installers and subcontractors.
- Understand the customer acquisition process for Ainsworth’s sales and operations for all market scenarios and assist in the development of opportunities
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, and Operations and Sales department meetings, workshops and seminars; keep current on market business and product trends.
- Focuses on improving performance or doing a task better i.e. faster, cheaper or more efficiently or by committing to the accomplishment of challenging objectives.
- Remain proficient in the areas of expertise that most customarily work within; will be asked to branch into other subject areas to become proficient in those additional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and ten years of work experience or an Associate’s degree with equivalent related work and engineering experience.
- Expertise in Energy Engineering, Building Automation, HVAC and Mechanical and Electrical solutions.
- 10 Years successful Energy Engineering with some exposure to construction industry, retrofits, trade labour and high related technical and financial expertise of energy engineering and HVAC and Building systems and concepts.
- Knowledge of incentive programs across Canada
- Ability to effectively represent Ainsworth Canada’s Services and communicates with others at varying technical levels.
- Consistently deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction while increasing corporate profitability.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external clients as well good verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and inner motivation are keys to this position.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Must have proficient computer skills within the following applications: Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word application and Power Point usage.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently and demonstrate solid organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Proficiency of the French Language is considered an asset, but not essential.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person