If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth, a subsidiary of GDI, team today!
The Energy Services team is growing within Ainsworth. Our division, Energere, is a leading Energy Service provider in Quebec. We are leveraging their expertise and track record to grow our group across Canada. This is a great career opportunity for growth in an expanding and very successful business – Ainsworth.
Reporting to the Manager of Energy Services, The Senior Energy Engineer (SEE) is responsible for scoping, developing, and calculating various Energy Conversation Measures (ECMs) as well as detailed financial analysis and performing technical review. The SEE will manage junior Energy Engineers and analysts and oversee their duties, tasks and analyses as needed. The SEE must be capable of managing and completing multiple tasks and projects as per the specified project, Customer, and Ainsworth’s requirements. In addition, the SEE may work with the VP of Energy Services and VP of Sales on the development of a National Strategy that will shape the opportunities that makes Ainsworth a leading ESCO in the Canadian Marketplace. The SEE will also support other Ainsworth branches, when requested.
- Perform ASHRAE Level I, II and III audits for commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Perform detailed analysis of energy and carbon reduction measures using various tools such as commercial softwares, bin analysis, regression analysis, etc.
- Assist in developing proposals for Design Build Finance Operate Maintain (DBFOM) and Energy Performance Contracts (EPC) projects and perform financial analysis associated with them
- Mentor and manage the energy analysts and junior energy engineers in our team and perform technical reviews as needed
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholder and present the technical and financial reports
- Work closely with Sales Executives and Marketing Team to assess new technologies, perform site visits and sales presentations, as needed.
- May be required to attend jobsite and provide recommendations to installers and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and minimum six years of relevant work experience in HVAC and energy industry
- Deep knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems, building automation system, envelope, and renewable power generation
- High expertise in energy saving calculations and financial analysis related to retrofit and energy projects
- Working knowledge of energy and sustainability standards and regulation across Canada and US
- Knowledge of incentive programs across Canada and US
- Must have proficient computer skills within the following applications: Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word application and Power Point usage.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external clients as well good verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and inner motivation are keys to this position.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently and demonstrate solid organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Proficiency of the French Language is considered an asset, but not essential.
- LEED AP and CEM certification is an asset
- G Driver’s License required with a personal car for site visits and meetings
Why work at Ainsworth?
Ainsworth is growing at an unprecedented rate and to help attract and retain top talent, we provide benefits on your first day with us. We offer a wide variety of benefits including the following:
Benefits: Comprehensive health, dental and medical benefits, including wellness supports, RRSP matching and generous vacation
Growth: In-house training and development, access to LinkedIn Learning and other professional development opportunities, Employee performance-based bonus program, where applicable
Rewards: Service milestones and peer recognition plus Employee Discounts and Incentives
Flexibility: Hybrid working models, where applicable
Diversity: An inclusive organization that embraces diversity and belonging; work in a great team atmosphere with future potential for promotion within company
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth, a subsidiary of GDI, is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth, a subsidiary of GDI, is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.