Brook Restoration requires an experienced (building restoration), knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded Senior Cost Estimator to be responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for projects, including materials and labour. He or she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, and establishing unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Brook Restoration offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Team Work
- Ethics and Integrity
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, or general tender work.
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Study and analyze tender documents received.
- Maintain unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
- Attend job showings and conduct review meetings with clients.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required which may include preparing estimates for other disciplines.
- Effectively determine the bid strategies required for the company to be successful.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering degree, or an appropriate field.
- 10 years of experience in cost estimation.
- 5 years experience in building restoration.
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Building Restoration: 5 years (required)
- Construction estimating: 10 years (preferred)