What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. We’ve been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”.
Over the past year, we’ve sold more than one product every second, opened the doors to our 35th store, and welcomed our 1000th employee. With many products in development, a new 70,000 square-foot HQ to call home, and plans for even further retail expansion, we are excited to do even bigger things in 2020.
Ranked one of Linkedln’s Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
What are we looking for?
We are growing very rapidly and need a Senior Chemist – Analytical Testing Group who shares this vision and wants to grow with us! The ideal candidate shall have a strong background in GC / ICP / NMR, FTIR based method development and sample analysis. Responsible to operate all analytical equipment, help develop and validate analytical methods, assist in training programs relating to analytical instrumentation and data analysis.
What would you be doing?
- Assist in method development, validation and transfer using GC and/or ICP and perform compound identification and structure elucidation using NMR, FTIR , UV-Vis.
- Assist in training programs relating to analytical instrumentation and data analysis (with focus on GC / ICP / NMR, FTIR ), technology, and work processes
- Perform sample analysis for high priority projects and conduct testing of stability samples
- Support new product development activities with testing as required
- Perform instrument qualification and calibration activities as needed
- Document all work according to company procedures.
- Perform calibrations and routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation.
- Perform data review, write protocols and generate reports.
- Prioritize projects efficiently
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized, and efficient laboratory work environment.
- Assist in all the documentation required for compliance as needed
- Assist with other tasks, as required
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Minimum BS in Chemistry with a at least of 5 years experience in Analytical QC Lab or 3 years in R&D environment
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the research and development area of pharmaceutical, biomedical, cannabis, or academia industries, or minimum 7 years of experience in QC environments in pharmaceutical, cannabis or biomedical laboratory.
- Core technical competency in GC or ICP method development, method validation and transfer and/or Structure Elucidation using InfraRed spectroscopy, NMR, Raman Spectroscopy and UV-Vis
- Technical experience with various forms of mass spectroscopy and chromatography and Wet Chemistry methods, etc.
- Proven method development experience
- Good knowledge of the Scientific Method (Define Research Problem, Literature Review, Define Hypothesis, Experimental Design, Conduct Experiment, Analyze Data, Generate Solutions, Implement Solutions and Document Results)
- Capability and proficiency with a range of analytical techniques ( HPLC / UPLC, GC, IR, LC-MS, NMR, etc.) and equipment for analytical development work.
- Ability to interpret complex analytical results
- Ability to optimize, improve and utilize Laboratory Information Technology systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in software from major vendors like Agilent, Waters and Sciex.
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts
- Ability to use an organized and methodical approach to problem solving (e.g., Six-Sigma tools and processes)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective and contributing team member
- Effective technical coach
Still interested? …What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interview.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Extended Health Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Analytical Chemistry: 6 years (Required)
- GC / ICP / NMR, FTIR: 5 years (Preferred)