WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The IT team is looking for a Business Analyst to work on digital and e-commerce initiatives as well as projects relating to back-end systems. The BA’s role will consist in understanding the business vision and working together with stakeholders in developing and implementing an innovative roadmap of initiatives. This person will play an important role in a broad range of e-commerce/Omni Channel activities and digital marketing.
This role will be based out of our Head office in Toronto.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Understand, document, help define and continuously improve company-wide business processes in the ECommerce /Omni business domain
- Analyze, validate, formalize, document, and communicate different business stakeholders’ requirements
- Analyze and understand the upstream and downstream implications of any changes being proposed in order to assess impacts to surrounding systems and business processes accurately
- Participate in providing recommendations and suggestions for optimization of systems, applications, and business processes
- Contribute to the monitoring of a project’s progress by identifying key milestones, phases, and acceptance criteria
- Act as a liaison and actively ensure alignment between stakeholders, product teams, and development teams
- Assist product teams in creating and prioritizing user stories and defect reports for a given initiative and participate in all related Agile ceremonies
- Assist and coach business users during implementation and hyper care phases
- Actively participate in the definition of test strategies and scenarios to support test execution with the QA team and business stakeholders
- Work in tandem with the maintenance and support teams by providing L2 support and contributing to error triaging exercises
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Have previous experience as a Business Analyst in the DTC (direct to customer) business domain with a strong focus in e-commerce
- Have a deep understanding of the standard processes, models, and KPIs related to the Omni, ECommerce, and Retail channels
- Have strong familiarity with e-commerce adjacent processes such as content management, product lifecycle management, order management, inventory management, and fulfillment
- Have previous experience in technology-oriented roles, digital transformation initiatives, or similar
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks per year.
- A hybrid work model (for applicable roles).
- Summer Friday’s – get off at 1pm all summer long! (for applicable roles).
- A dog-friendly office (and lots of cute dogs to play with).
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.