SEIU JOB POSTING #902759
Reports to: Manager
Hours: Night shift. 78.75 bi-weekly; Shifts: 7 bi-weekly
Status: Permanent Full Time
As a member of Security Operations, the principal responsibilities of the Security Officer will include: providing continuous internal and external random patrol of Hospital property ensuring Hospital policies and procedures are adhered; contributing to and facilitating in the provision of a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors which support the mission, goals and vision of University Health Network in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, the principal responsibilities of the Security Officer include: to patrol, monitor and secure Hospital property; protect patients, staff and visitors; and provide a safe environment which supports the Mission Statement, goals and vision of the Hospital as well as investigating all forms of property loss, theft and damage; responding to emergency codes and calls for assistance following established departmental and Hospital policy, enforcing Hospital parking regulations to maintain order; performing cross functional duties as assigned and/or requested.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a Law Enforcement/Law Security diploma from a recognized institution Security
program, or equivalent.
- Current & Valid Security License in accordance with the Private Security and Investigative
Services Act of Ontario
- Demonstrated computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated complete and accurate report writing skills
- Must be able to work shifts on short notice and on an as needed basis.
- Minimum five (5) years recent security experience
- Excellent problem recognition skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both
through direction and negotiation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal and Provincial statutes
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Completion of a Crisis Intervention certificate, preferred
- Certification in Legal Awareness and Use of Force, Tactical Communications, preferred
- Excellent judgment and demonstrate tact and diplomacy skills in emergency situations
- Completion of a Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) program, preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATED: July 14, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.