JOB POSTING #904036
At University Health Network, the breadth of skills, proud histories and stellar reputations of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital come together to achieve a common purpose and vision. UHN is among the ranks of the world’s leading providers of exemplary patient care and innovative research and teaching. Our hospitals share a tradition of great outcomes and medical firsts. These traditions will be built upon as we follow our vision of achieving global impact.
Located at the heart of downtown Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital has provided community care and specialized services for more than 100 years. Our hospital provides world-class care in Neural and Sensory Science, Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis, and Community and Population Health programs. Complementing these programs are outstanding facilities, including the Krembil Neuroscience Centre.
Based at Toronto Western Hospital, the Family Medicine Department links with the surrounding community to provide primary care to families and community members, with special attention to the needs of the aging population, children and women.
The principal responsibilities of the SECRETARY include: Providing word processing/typing services for assigned staff; performing reception responsibilities, as required; organizing internal and/or external meetings, events, conferences, etc; maintaining written and/or electronic appointment schedules; performing other patient specific movement/scheduling activities; organizing and maintaining electronic/ paper files to facilitate ease of information retrieval by users; performing routine budgetary support functions and financial activities; providing functional supervision to lower classified clerical position(s), ensuring efficient operation of the office, within the scope of authority; providing support with the department/unit fellowship/internship program; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of post secondary certificate up to 1 year in General/Medical Office Administration/Assistant Program or recognized equivalent
- Related and practical experience in a secretarial role, preferably in an ambulatory environment
- Excellent word processing skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with hospital standards
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment
- Ability to multitask and to work well under pressure
- Ability to comply with confidentiality requirements
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping skills an asset
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
POSTED DATE: September 1, 2022 CLOSING DATE: September 15, 2022
Only hospital employees, who have successfully completed their probationary period, have maintained satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.