If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Ainsworth Power Services team is currently looking for a highly motivated, autonomous Sales Representative to join our Toronto team, covering the province of Greater Toronto Area
Reporting directly to the Manager, Power Systems, the ideal candidate will have experience identifying key decision makers and selling large technical projects to businesses. This role will be supported internally by our engineering team and internal sales support. The primary objective of this role is to navigate pathways to develop new conversations and relationships that result in the cultivation of new business opportunities for Ainsworth.
- Identify prospective customers and navigate pathways to originate contact with key decision makers, including but not limited to:
- Direct calls, emails, networking, and partnerships
- Identify and represent the company at selected trade shows and conferences
- Develop relationships with key decision makers to establish interest in energy solutions
- Travel and visit customer sites for meetings, presentations and, with the support of engineering, technical site assessments – estimated 40% travel
- Identify customer management needs and work with operations to develop appropriate solutions
- Work with internal sales support to organize customer information and develop sales proposals and presentations
- Work with internal sales support to coordinate opportunity flow, deliverables, deadlines, and milestones
- Identify and support the completion of customer Request for Quotations (RFQs) & Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Supporting the regular reporting of opportunities and progress to the Senior Management team
- Collect market and competitor information and communicate with management team to improve our positioning based on evolving customer needs
- Promote sales to existing clients resulting in increased sales and development of new accounts.
- Consults with clients after the sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support to established major accounts.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development & account management within the Power System Industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a field environment with the Power System Industry
- Experience with medium/ high voltage project requirements
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external individuals.
- Proven systematic and organized approach to multi-tasking.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in a confident and professional manner,
- Able to thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing company working in new markets;
- A collaborative and engaging team member with demonstrated ability to work well with others;
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a strong work ethic and commitment;
- A highly adaptive learner who is capable of handling changing demands and priorities;
- An intuitive problem solver who views obstacles as challenges;
- A creative thinker who is able to generate and articulate unique concepts and ideas;
- A self-motivated starter who can work independently when necessary
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: North York
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance-Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology