Summerhill Market is a boutique grocery store chain in Toronto that specializes in scratch-made prepared foods and on-trend ingredients. Our stores go above and beyond a typical grocery store by offering an extensive rotating selection of ready to eat gourmet meals, freshly baked goodies, and curated hard to find groceries.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team and help elevate our brand to the next level. Summerhill Market is an industry trend setter, and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and customer service.
Summerhill Market is looking for a Floral Manager to lead the Floral Department team at our Rosedale location.
The Floral Manager is responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day operations of the Floral department. This includes developing strategies to improve customer service, prioritizing duties to floral associates, and working to ensure stock levels remain filled. The Floral Manager ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. They also ensure that all products and displays are merchandised effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day floral operations including: stocking shelves, placing orders with vendors, reviewing invoices, managing floral associates and providing mentoring;
- Responsible for ordering, inventory and waste monitoring;
- Merchandising product displays;
- Optimizing sales and service through direct customer interaction as well as providing coaching and management of their team’s sales and service tasks;
- Handle product damages and credits according to company policy;
- Meet with upper management on a regular basis and provide information and advise on any department issues including staffing issues, customer issues, merchandising opportunities and forecasting;
- Human resource management, including: hiring, training and the handling of any disciplinary issues that may arise;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers with regard to new product implementation, establishing deals and receiving the best possible prices and rebates;
- Must be able to work any and all shifts, working a varied schedule in order to have the best overview of department operations. This means the ability to work weekends & holidays, openings & closings as necessary;
- Maintaining Health and Safety Standards as defined under the Health and Safety Act
- Additional duties as required
· 5 years+ experience of retail grocery industry experience; 2 years+ managing a team. Floral experience is an asset
· Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent is an asset
· Proficient in MS Office with the ability to learn new systems (ERP, CRM, ordering tools, etc.)
· Highly organized, creative and innovative with the ability to meet merchandizing standards
· Quality driven with strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (verbally and written) with a customer focused mindset and the ability to convey direction in a clear and concise manner
· Collaborative with the ability to work in a dynamic team to create solutions in support of store operations
· Able to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
If this sounds like the role for you, we offer some pretty cool perks!
- Weekly pay
- Awesome employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Employer paid benefits for all full-time employees
- Dynamic workplace culture that promotes collaboration, internal training/development, diversity & inclusion and recognizing, rewards & celebrates employees
- Easily accessible locations
- Complimentary work swag (your Summerhill Market work shirts are provided)
At Summerhill Market, we are an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. Should you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for this position and is not an exhaustive list. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business needs of each location.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4W 2E4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- people management: 2 years (preferred)
- Grocery/Retail Industry: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person