Job Posting #893195
As an integral member of the Safety Services Department, the principal responsibilities of the Safety Technician include: coordinating and performing fit testing for respiratory protection; performing administrative tasks to support the respiratory protection program such as filing, data entry, and report writing; ensuring equipment is functional and inventory supply levels are maintained; supporting the assessment of alternative types of respiratory protection; assisting in the development and maintenance of UHN’s Respiratory Protection Program; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned and/or required; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Performs respirator fit testing both qualitatively or quantitatively, which includes setting up equipment and supplies, providing instruction to the participant, and providing the fit test results to the participant
- Ensures that all respirator fit testing data is entered into the database, generates reports of respirator fit testing compliance, and organizes appointments for fit testing
- Maintains the inventory of all supplies and equipment relating to fit testing and ensures the equipment is in good working order
- Assists in the development of a fit test schedule and the maintenance of the booking system
- Assists in the assessment of respiratory protection and supports the review and revision of UHN’s Respiratory Protection Program
- Performs cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the Act, in a timely manner.
- Flexibility around working outside of regular business hours
- Travel across UHN sites
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Post-secondary certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, an asset
- Work experience in Occupational Health and Safety, an asset
- 6 months or less than 1 year practical or related experience and/or 6 months to less than 9 months on the job training required.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED: October 6, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.