Basic Function: Reporting to the Acting Supervisor, Species Recovery, this position provides assistance and support to the Acting Supervisor and Native Bat Conservation Program Coordinator with various conservation projects, field research, data analysis, and report writing. This position is also responsible for assisting and providing support in implementing the Strategic Plan.
- Assists with various bat conservation projects as directed by the Acting Supervisor.
- Conducts field research, compiles and analyzes research data and reports on results.
- Assists with the program resources and educational materials related to the conservation program.
- Delivers public outreach such as presentations and workshops.
- Assists with funding and grant proposals.
- Assists with report writing.
- Other related duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- Provides regular updates to the Manager.
- Must be working towards post-secondary diploma or degree related to the field, minimum of 2 years completed or the equivalent amount of experience and training.
- Must possess 1-year previous experience working independently to plan and implement safe and effective fieldwork projects and data collection.
- Ability to handle wild bats and operate the devices used to safely capture them in the field strongly desirable.
- Must have proven, exceptional interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must possess good computer skills including current word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills using the English language.
- Possess working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS.
- Must be capable of performing the physical demands of the job.
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs