University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Research Associate I in our Digital Education Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Digital Compassion Research Lab, the Research Associate I is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating all aspects of data collection; participating partially or fully in initial project design, preparing funding proposals, setting of research goals, selection and development of procedures and may be responsible for study recruitment; participating directly in mid-level data analysis using application of both quantitative and qualitative methods; conducting literature reviews and develops summary reports; and assisting in interpretation of results and preparation of material for presentation, publication, grants and reports.
Additional responsibilities include: participating in the identification and development of education and digital interventions that foster shared learning, capacity building and clinical practice improvement; implementing a variety of digital and education strategies including digital tools, digital education, social marketing, clinical practice and professional development to advance the compassionate use of new technologies and working with patients to be enabled digital partners in their care; providing health promotion strategies with cultural competence and ethno cultural sensitivity; participating in community based participatory research and/or quality initiatives; and participating in program evaluation and theory of change initiatives.
- At minimum a Master’s degree in health/life sciences, public health or a related field with 2 years working experience or a Bachelor’s degree with extensive experience (5+ years) in health care research
- Ability to work with minimal direction from investigator and to provide direct supervision for assigned personnel
- Ability to express complex scientific and/or medical concepts effectively
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and with varying levels of technical expertise
- Ability to analyze data using statistical software and interpret results
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet Explorer), as well as the ability to work with computerized databases
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills to manage and prioritize work load responsibilities and timelines
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure, and to meet deadline
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.