RESEARCH ANALYST II
Job Posting#: 925704
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
Reports to: Executive Director, Education
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $28.32-$35.40 hourly. To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy
Status: Temporary, Full-time
Posted Date: October 24, 2023
Closing Date: November 24, 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground-breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
We are looking for a Research Analyst II with an interest in conducting research on health education, and a passion for improving healthcare through technology.
Our mission at Digital Compassion Lab is to change healthcare delivery for all by designing and evaluating thoughtful digital technologies that are compassionate and empower people. We work tirelessly with local and international minds from multidisciplinary areas like education, design, technology, informatics, and health fields to transform health systems around the globe.
Embedded within Toronto General Hospital (University Health Network), we are a part of one of the largest medical research centres in North America and have unparalleled access to insights from those who use our healthcare system the most – patients and their clinicians. Due to this unique positioning and our vast skill set, our work is making an impact right now in the areas of adoption of artificial intelligence, knowledge management approaches to promote continuing professional development, and compassionate care delivery when using digital technologies.
- Provide research support across numerous ongoing studies of multiple digital health product.
- Conduct literature reviews and needs assessments.
- Recruit and consent study participants to join research projects and supporting them through the process.
- Measure and communicate study status and risks throughout the research lifecycle.
- Assist in writing grant proposals.
- Draft program reports, conduct qualitative and statistical analyses, and submit research ethics board applications.
- Build and foster relationships with internal and external research stakeholders to set goals, communicate expectations, and identify new opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- At minimum, a Bachelors Degree in a health-related field required (health sciences, biomedical sciences, health informatics, psychology, health policy, education, nursing, occupational therapy).
- Masters Degree in a health-related field would be an asset.
- At minimum, (3) years of related experience in a research environment; preferably as an integral part of a research team in an analyst or coordinator capacity.
- Experience supporting health research projects from initial grant application through to manuscript preparation for publication preferred.
- Ability to be resourceful, learn quickly, change directions, and navigate complex decision making in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, focused on building relationships, and working in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentations skills.
- Familiarity with theories of digital health evaluation, behavior change, and user-centered design is an asset.
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive compensation & benefits (medical, dental, etc.)
- HOOPP defined benefit pension plan
- Wellness services & offerings
- Close access to the TCC and UHN shuttle service
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.