University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Research Analyst I at the Cancer Education program.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
As an integral member of the Cancer Education Program, the Research Analyst is responsible for planning and implementing resource development projects; providing research support; conducting literature reviews and needs assessments, recruiting study participants to research projects, assisting in writing research proposals, drafting program reports, conducting statistical analysis (using Excel), and coordinating projects. The Research Analyst must be familiar with principles of plain language as they apply to health promotion activities. The Research Analyst must be able to communicate and liaise effectively with patients and their family members, physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and other staff throughout UHN as well as with outside groups such as supportive care organizations. The Research Analyst is responsible for collecting and maintaining Program reporting statistics including smoking cessation statistics. Performing cross-functional duties as assigned or requested, and performing other duties consistent with the job classification as required.
- At minimum, a completion of a Bachelor’s degree program, or recognized equivalent in Health or Science-Related Discipline
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in a health-related field or equivalent combination of education/experience related to health promotion, health policy, health education or communication
- Familiarity with theories of health behaviour, health literacy, plain language
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to use tact and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Certification as a Clinical Research Professional an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.