JOB POSTING # 872687
Position: Research Analyst I
Site: TECHNA Institute
Reports To: Project Director
Salary Range: $24.61 – $30.76 per hour (commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 year)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Research Analyst I at the Techna Institute.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Accelerating the Development of Technology for Improved Health!
Techna is an institute of the University Health Network (UHN) focused on the accelerated development and exploitation of technology for improved health. Techna is seeking a bold, creative, and innovative individual who can lead various types of digital health projects that support clinicians, researchers and patients. These initiatives include process redesign, technology strategy, data analytics, system design and implementation and operational technical support for provincial clinical programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the modification and maintenance of electronic systems through the coordination of data flow with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with collecting data and documentation to support product design and analysis, environmental assessments, and change management.
- Assisting with validating new releases and identifying bug fixes to support project and operational improvements of software applications.
- University Degree required in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year practical and related experience.
- Ability to effectively operate computer, software, and peripheral equipment, i.e., MS Office, MS Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions, and determine/recommend practical courses of action.
- Demonstrates ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders and document interactions and next steps.
- Experience leading project work streams or small projects independently.
- Experience in leading and conducting workflow analysis, value stream mapping, data mapping and Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles.
- Experience in creating and delivering management-level presentations, training and/or end user support.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Change Management certification an asset.
- Experience with data management and supporting/utilizing data management systems.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven team player who can work independently.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and with minimal direction to complete tasks.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner.
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems.
- Demonstrates understanding of the healthcare environment in which the organization operates.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: March 4, 2021 Closing Date: March 24, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.