Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited is an independent and globally diverse asset management firm. AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management through its fundamental, quantitative, private capital, and high-net-worth businesses. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations. Our commitment to the principles of good stewardship and responsible investment is a positive differentiator for AGF. We believe integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into our investment decision-making and ownership practices across platforms will help deliver better investment outcomes to our clients.
About the Role:
The Reporting Analyst, Investment Operations role is to examine requirements, develop and maintain investment related reports for various business units across the organization. The individual will be required to manage requests for information and coordinate with internal teams for efficient delivery to our business partners.
- Develop, generate and maintain reports on portfolios covering different asset classes.
- Utilize SQL and other coding languages to extract and summarize data based on business logic from multiple investment systems.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure data is flowing correctly through various systems.
- Facilitate recurring and ad-hoc requests from both internal and external parties.
- Meet with stakeholders to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Ensure proper documentation for all processes.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and other post-implementation support.
- Liaise and collaborate with other teams and departments to ensure excellent levels of client service. Build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Investment knowledge on equities, fixed income, derivatives, fund accounting, performance and attribution.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL or other coding languages.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- University degree
- Strong attention to detail and keen on accuracy
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with strong problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Relationship building: able to build, maintain and manage strong relationships with investment managers, analysts and client services agents
- Integrity: Demonstrates high degree of personal integrity and respect, fostering mutual trust at all times
- Client Centered: Takes initiative to anticipate and investigate client needs and implement appropriate solutions. Clients include but are not limited to internal partners (peers, colleagues) and external clients.
- Accountability: Assumes personal responsibility for goals, outcomes and deadlines. * Communicator: Communicates clearly and listens effectively; keeps others informed; deals effectively with conflict.
- Team Builder: Develops and maintains effective relationships with others, e.g., managers, employees, colleagues, customers, and/or other departments. Cooperates with others and is willing to help. Encourages teamwork within own department. Cooperates across other departments.
- Planning and Organization: Manages oneself to achieve results. Delivers results efficiently and effectively. Be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues.
- Courage of Convictions: Belief in one’s own capability as expressed in increasingly challenging circumstances and confidence in one’s decisions or opinions.
- Continuous Learning: Possesses and applies job-related knowledge in the completion of work and activities.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.