Reporting to the Assistant Director of Care (and indirectly to the Director of Care), a Registered Nurse will provide clinical nursing services to residents through direct care or coordination of the care team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Use nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of residents
- Prepare and administer medications
- Document relevant information in point click care, incident reports,
- Maintain confidentiality at all times related to resident care
- Supervise HCA’s performance related to resident care
- Assess sudden changes in resident condition and behaviour and contact appropriate assistance including but not limited to: physician, ambulance, receiving hospital, next of kin, person on call for administration
- Transcribe and process medical treatments
- Communicate with residents’ families to inform them of changes, incidents, hospitalizations, etc.
- Carry out clinical responsibilities which include but are not limited to: admission and annual health assessments of residents; preliminary review of lab results; medication reviews
- Order, check, and store medication supplies
- Assist with medical examination and rounds and may be required to act as resident advocate, interpreting resident signs and symptoms and explaining medical regimen and recommendations
- Transcribes Doctor’s orders
- Complete assessments and care plans document according to Belmont House Policies and Procedures
- May be requested to undertake special projects by the Director of Care and Assistant Director of Care (e.g. follow-up on dental reports, review and revision of procedures)
- Care for psychosocial needs of residents, especially those experiencing difficulty
- All other duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Care and Director of Care
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Must have a current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (renewed annually)
- Graduate of approved school of nursing
- Previous experience in a long term care environment preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care
- Basic Heartsaver certification recommended
- Certification in Gerontology recommended
- Evidence of continuing education and self development in relevant areas such as geriatrics, gerontology, pharmacology
The successful candidate will be up to date with their current COVID vaccinations or is exempt on the basis of grounds enumerated in the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please note that Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicant throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Bonus: Hospital Parity Pay
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $34.24 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5R 1R1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- CNO License (required)
Work Location: In person