The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Based at Toronto Western Hospital, the Covid-19 Assessment Centre provides assessment and testing for the Covid-19 virus. We are presently looking for Registered Nurses to join the team. Primary responsibilities include assessments, performing Nasopharyngeal swabs and patient teaching.
- Current Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses in the General Class
- CPR certified
- Knowledge and awareness related to cultural competence
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively and independently, organizational skills (managing workflow, assessing and judging priorities, planning, multi-tasking)
- Commitment to patient-centered care with the ability to adapt to a diverse patient population
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and crisis intervention skills
- Experience and comfort working with electronic medical records
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however for non UHN employees, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.