JOB OPPORTUNITY – REGISTERED NURSE
Youthdale provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families. We work to connect families with the right programs and services both at Youthdale and in their communities. Youthdale meets the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
Youthdale is looking to fill the position of Registered Nurse to join the Nursing team. The nursing team provides client-centered nursing care and childcare to the clients on the Inpatient Units at Youthdale’s Treatment Centre. Registered Nurses also ensure the security, safety and therapeutic environment for the clients on the Inpatient units, attending to the policies and procedures of the Youthdale Psychiatric Crisis Service and other such guidelines established by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and Ministry of Health.
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Status: Full time, Part Time, Casual
Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide client-centered psychiatric and general nursing care for clients from diverse populations.
- Perform assessments, develop, implement and evaluate the inter-professional plan of care for clients with a wide range of diagnoses.
- Use critical thinking and customer service to approach client care.
- Assesses the physical and medical status of patients on the Acute, Transitional and transitional aged Psychiatric Units. Responds to medical needs according to the Standards of Nursing Practice outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Provide nursing assessment and intervention and documents all relevant information.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and able to practice without restrictions. Current HCP level (CPR) certificate is also required.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and professional development within the past 2 years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Mental Health.
- Able to intervene effectively in clinical situations requiring the management of disturbed behaviour.
- Nursing experience caring for individuals with mental illness is required.
- Ability to work with clients of diverse cultural and social backgrounds is necessary.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; able to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care.
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner.
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility with unit assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interprofessional team environment.
- Work Schedule – flexible hours within a rotating schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
Youthdale provides ONA Salary scale and a competitive benefit package. Work Schedule includes flexible hours within a rotating schedule, including days, nights and 1 weekend per month.
About Youthdale Treatment Centers
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply with your cover letter, with an updated resume, by March 11, 2021.