Organization: The Michener Institute
Salary: $50,114 – $62,643 per annum
Department: Office of the Registrar
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Recruitment and Admissions Officer position with The Michener Institute.
The Recruitment and Admissions Officer reports to the Manager of Recruitment and Admissions and is responsible for the delivery of the institute’s recruitment strategies and for the processes related to accepting and admitting applicants to programs. The incumbent provides information and advice to potential students and participates in the development, planning, and preparation of recruitment initiatives for all Michener full-time and part-time programs including those offered by the Continuing Education (CE) department. The Officer acts as a resource person for students, faculty, staff, external bodies and organizations for matters relating to admissions according to Institute standards and procedures. This dual role requires the exercise of independent judgement and initiative, strong administrative and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Institute programs and courses, general admissions, registration, and program participation requirements, deadlines, procedures and policies, as well as the related systems used by the Registrar’s Office
- Provides complete and current information regarding Institute programs, courses, and services as well as information, interpretation, and clarification regarding Institute policies and procedures to internal and external Institute stakeholders in-person, by telephone and by email
- Maintains the integrity, security, accuracy, and consistency of student records as required in Registrar’s Office procedures and under Institute policy and provincial/federal privacy legislation
- Coordinates and attends external recruitment events including postgraduate university fairs, College Dialogues and secondary school fairs to promote the recruitment of high quality students to support Michener’s enrollment strategies
- Organizes and executes targeted internal recruitment (e.g. Open House, Webinars, Campus Tours) and other Registrar’s Office (e.g. Awards Ceremony) events
- Leads the development and creation of effective targeted recruitment and admission materials (web and print), presentations, workshops, resources and events (e.g. Open House)
- Reviews and adjudicates all applications for admission applying relevant policies and procedures to the admissions process including accurate data entry and reporting along with prompt, professional and accurate admissions decisions to applicants;
- Processes admissions related requests, such as appeals, transfer credit assessments, and general admissions inquiries
- Prepares and distributes accurate and timely recruitment and admission statistics and data for various stakeholder audiences
- Identifies process and procedural challenges with tools and systems relevant to recruitment and admissions and contributes to finding efficiencies and improvements
- Participates in the planning and development of recruitment materials and promotional messaging, distributes resource materials for student recruitment to various external stakeholder groups
- Participates in special projects or initiatives, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1-3 years related experience including knowledge of all elements of the post-secondary recruitment and admissions processes
- Familiarity with Canadian and international educational systems
- A demonstrated commitment to providing high quality customer and/ or student services
- Ability to work cooperatively, in a variety of settings, exercising tact, diplomacy and patience, often in stressful situations
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information
- Ability to work extended hours outside normal operating hours
- Experience with student information systems and documentation of business processes
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills, and the ability to develop effective presentations targeted to various audiences in an engaging format
- Proven organizational skills
- Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter.
Posting Date: October 1, 2020 Closing Date: October 8, 2020
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.