Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Reports to: Supervisor
Hours: Nights/ 3 x 13 hour shifts per week
Status: Temporary Full Time (approx. 8-12 months)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Receptionist in our JDMI Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent required.
- Three (3) months related experience required.
- Previous on-the-job word-processing experience required.
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred.
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Good written communication skills required.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure required.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations required.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: June 30, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.