Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
A world leader in neural and sensory science, Toronto Western Hospital has a strong community and population health program, providing innovative programs for and information to seniors, diabetes patients, and many multicultural groups. Toronto Western Hospital has been serving the health care needs of its culturally diverse local community for more than 100 years. Today, the hospital provides highly specialized tertiary care to people from surrounding areas and across Canada. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As a member of the Covid Assessment Centre team, the principal responsibilities of the ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT CLERK include registering patients into UHN’s electronic medical record. The ideal candidate would have excellent customer service skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- At minimum, completion of post secondary certificate up to 1 year in Office Administration or recognized equivalent
- Practical and related experience working in a fast-paced, ambulatory environment
- General knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures required
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Knowledge of a second language an asset
- Strong computer skills, including working with UHN’s EPR
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and service-oriented approach that promotes high quality work and client satisfaction
- Excellent team player with ability to communicate effectively and manage conflict in a professional manner
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task and prioritize demands
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Ability to handle difficult patients/situations in a calm, efficient, and professional manner
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
POSTED DATE: July 9, 2020 CLOSING DATE: July 16, 2020 by 3:00pm
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.