Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Hours: 0 – 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Variable; Days, Evenings, Weekends
Re-Posted Date: September 29, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
- Performing reception functions, including: answering, screening and directing telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments, tests and visits; maintaining schedules for assigned personnel
- Performing clerical support functions including: word-processing/typing routine correspondence, etc., photocopying
- Sorting and distributing mail, etc.; providing FAX services
- Performing cross-functional responsibilities, as required
- Performing other duties consistent with the job classification.
- Completion of Grade 12 or recognized equivalent
- Three (3) months related experience
- Previous on-the-job word-processing experience
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment, preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.