WHO ARE WE?
We’ve been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
You will be the first person people will engage with when visiting our Canadian Headquarters and therefore your presence and character will set the tone for their entire visit. in short you will act as the representative of the entire organization.
But this role is more than just welcoming people, taking calls, and receiving packages. You will be providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant and you will also ensure the smooth operation of the office by making sure supplies are fully stocked, meeting rooms are clean and ready for the next group, all visitors sign-in and observe health & safety protocols, and any mail that may arrive is properly distributed.
Last but not least you will manage the head office building access and parking pass cards and will also be responsible for submitting any service requests to Property Management.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The right person for this role will have the following skills and attributes:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and welcoming personality
- Demonstrated organizational skills that enable multitasking
- Work related experience working with Microsoft Suite of products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Physically able to lift up to 15 pounds and systematically walkaround the office to stock office/kitchen supplies and tidy up meeting rooms (push office chairs, remove items from tables, ensure lighting and heat/cool is optimal, etc.)
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset but not required as is past Receptionist experience
- Must have an educational background with a high school graduate diploma.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration would be considered an asset.
- Must have 2-3 years of office administration experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Benefits start on day one and include extra days off, healthcare spending account, and even child university tuition subsidy to mention a few
- Security, we’ve grown over the pandemic years and are continuing to do so now more than ever
- Unlike our competitors we are Canadian owned and operated, and proud of it!
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.