Job Posting: #910293
Status: Permanent Part Time
Site: The Michener Institute
Salary: $18.87 – $23.58 per hour
Hours: 21 hours per week
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Receptionist position with The Michener Institute.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Receptionist will provide reception coverage and all related duties to the Michener Institute.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for housephone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Field questions regarding facilities related concerns, document requests into the work order program and dispatch work accordingly.
- Coordinate building door sign program, taxi chit program, building phone list and internal key list.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 to 3 years experience in customer service environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer/student focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Good judgment and independent decision-making skills
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Vaccines (COVID-19) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health and is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.