Job Posting #871364
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Specimen Management, Laboratory Medicine Program
Reports to: Manager
Pay Range: $18.60 – $23.25 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Receptionist in our Laboratory Medicine Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground-breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Laboratory Medicine program team, the receptionist performs a variety of support functions. The principal responsibility includes performing reception functions to receive patients and check Electronic Patient Record for Lab orders, answering telephone, scheduling add on PHS appointments, clerical support functions such as word processing, photocopying and performing cross-functional duties as required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent required
- Completion of a post secondary certificate of up to one year required; preferably in Office Administration
- Three (3) months related experience required.
- Minimum 6 months to one year experience using computer applications or health information systems i.e. EPR, PHS, Q-matic, MS Outlook
- Previous on-the-job word-processing experience required.
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred.
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Good written communication skills required.
- Good organizational and time management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure required.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations required.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
- Understanding of appropriate behavior required working successfully in a diverse working group
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posting Date: February 18, 2021 Closing Date: March 12, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.