University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Administrative Assistant II in our UHN BMT-IEC Program.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre has 12 site groups and 26 specialty clinics, and almost 3,000 staff who see over 400,000 patient visits every year. Its 800,000 square feet house 130 inpatient beds, 373,000 square feet of research space and 17 radiation treatment machines, making it one of the largest comprehensive cancer treatment facilities in the world and the largest radiation treatment centre in Canada. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Working under the direct supervision of the Quality Program Managers to support all key operations of the Quality Management Program. This includes collaborating with various members of the Blood and Marrow Transplant and Immune Effector Cell (BMT-IEC) Program (e.g. Medical Directors, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Coordinators, Nurses). The functions of the Quality Program Administrative Assistant II includes but is not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain the Document Control System (Paradigm), provide user support, and liaise with UHN Digital
- Ensure that documents are produced, published and distributed in accordance with internal procedures
- Record Control and Archival
- Document editing and formatting
- Provides general administrative support to the BMT-IEC Quality Program (e.g. arranges quality program meetings and logistics, room bookings, prepares materials, meeting minutes and agendas)
- Coordinates email communication between BMT-IEC Quality Office and program areas
- Proficient with managing and troubleshooting software technology
- Proficient with office software (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro and knowledge of Paradigm an asset)
- Knowledge of key document control processes an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ensure accuracy of document content
- Responsible for taking initiative to ensure timelines are met
- Dedicated, self-motivated and end goal focused
- Knowledge of operations within a healthcare and/or hospital setting an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a broader team
- Minimum of a College Diploma in General or Medical Office Administration
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative work experience
- Ability to utilize information technology systems (e.g. electronic document management systems)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively, independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands
Posting Date: October 1, 2020 Closing date: October 8, 2020
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.