It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey. At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect and integrity.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Systems, the Quality Assurance Analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. The QA Analyst will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Develop test plans and procedures on a product and make sure that requirements are met
- Carry out test on products to check quality and know if they are up to standard to be released in the market
- Detect issues or problems that will arise in production and proffer solutions
- Maintain and improve product quality by assisting in the development of the product, and collaborating with members of the management team
- Develop new or modified products and engineering designs alongside manufacturing and training methods
- Prepare documentation, reports, and results based on the process of the test plan, mapping out the failures, stability, and corrective actions in production process
- Review functional and design specifications of product to ensure full understanding of the goal a product is meant to achieve
- Ensure that approved products meet functional and design requirements
- May evaluate or analyze a proposed product to know whether the proposal can be possibly put to practice
- Monitor employees to make sure that they work according to the test plans and procedures
- Do their best for the benefit of the organization by managing the resources at hand and handling quality issues in the most cost-effective manner
- Work with other personnel in the quality department, like the managers, engineers, employees, and other teams that exist within the organization
- Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards
- Proven working experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of application flows and application development processes
- Confidence and ability to work in a highly visible, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, capable of delivering quality results with high expectations of workload output
- Adept at queries, data visualization and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics an asset
- University degree in Sciences, Engineering, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of QA experience with a wide array of QA practices, processes, and tools (Selenium, JIRA)
- Experience with automated testing and amp; manual testing
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
- Able to switch between big picture analysis and planning and hands on execution of tasks
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.