The QA Technician is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities within the QA Laboratory. Duties include physical, organoleptic and chemical testing of new and existing private label products. Creating technical specifications, investigating and problem solving issues with vendors and maintaining laboratory documentation is also required.
- Conduct testing of Metro’s private label SKU’s for compliance to Metro’s specifications and government regulations (grade, size, volume, etc.).
- Accurate documentation of all testing as per the QA SOP’s. This includes recording sensory and physical observations which may be used as a future reference.
- Support technical development for new and existing Corporate Brands products including creating technical specifications.
- Investigation and resolution of private label SKU problems as identified thru customer complaints and/or quality surveillance.
- Participation in the daily sensory testing of private label SKU’s.
- Assist with the drafting and updating of laboratory SOP’s.
- Independent analysis of private label SKU’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or College diploma in food science, nutrition or a related field.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance food experience.
- Extended periods of standing and working at a laboratory bench required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Valid drivers license
- Access to a vehicle an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and observation skills.
- Previous sensory experience is an asset.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.