Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
At Altum Health, we believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in outcomes data collection, analysis and reporting, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
As an integral member of Altum Health, psychotherapists work both independently and as part of the interdisciplinary team to perform the principal responsibilities of the role which includes: performing psychosocial assessments; providing group and individual psychotherapy for clients who require support for psychological issues arising as a result of injuries/incidents in the workplace, motor vehicle accidents, or through other third party funded services; implementing an evidenced-based treatment plan/regimen for each client which promotes the return to activities of daily living; monitoring client progress on an ongoing basis, modifying the treatment plan as appropriate, consultation and collaboration with the program psychologist, as required; preparing planning and providing educational sessions within the framework of the cognitive behavioural model; completing required documentation in a timely manner; participating in research, continuing education (students, staff and self) and quality/administrative/marketing activities; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned and/or required.
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Health or Social Sciences preferred or at minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in Health or Social Sciences, with five (5) or more years of practical and related experience
- Member in good standing of appropriate regulated health professions College (including Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario)
- Additional training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from a recognized institution and seven (7) years of practical experience in the use of CBT preferred or a minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in the use of CBT including a period of supervision/mentorship with an experienced clinician
- Post professional training in group facilitation and group/individual counseling required
- Experience providing psychotherapeutic assessments and structured psychotherapy treatment for individuals presenting with a wide range of mental health conditions
- Clinical competence to provide structured psychotherapy in the areas of trauma, depression, anxiety, grief/loss, and/or addictions
- Experience with supporting clients with disabilities/injuries as a result of workplace or auto-related accidents including concussions and chronic pain
- Experience in providing group and individual psychotherapy required
- Additional training and experience in other specific interventions preferred (e.g. DBT, ACT, Mindfulness)
- Experience providing services via information and communication technology (e.g. telehealth/telemedicine) preferred
- Experience with return to work plans preferred
- Training/certification in crisis intervention an asset
- Experience with case management an asset
- Demonstrated ability to producing detailed, high quality assessment and treatment reports and clinical documentation
- Able to communicate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and willingness to accept clinical direction
- Strong computer literacy skills
There are difficult cases that challenge us and there are sensitive cases that require a delicate touch. Every day, there are clinical learning opportunities and teaching moments. Everyone who works on our team truly wants to be there and believes in the work we do together. With the Circle of Care mindset as a guiding principle, you eagerly participate in quality improvement activities and perform cross-functional and cross-site duties as required. You believe in the work we do together.
POSTED DATE: August 4, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.