Psychiatric Crisis Worker (PCW) – Full Time Permanent, 1 Position Available
Youthdale Treatment Centres is a fully accredited Children’s Mental Health organization with a mission to provide children, adolescents and their care-givers access to the best available psychiatric care and support, restoring hope, and helping individuals reach their full potential.
Youthdale is seeking a Psychiatric Crisis Worker to join its inpatient unit team. Reporting to the Unit Manager, Psychiatric Crisis Worker works on the inpatient units and is an integral part of Youthdale’s interdisciplinary team. Youthdale’s inpatient units operate on a 24/7 basis and thus shift work, including nights and weekends is required.
The focus is to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment for clients, while adhering to Youthdale’s policies and procedures and guidelines established by the Ministries of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care (MOH)
Department: Crisis, Inpatient Units (Transitional Age Unit)
Areas of Responsibilities
- Involved in all aspects of the client’s treatment, including the development and implementation of programming to address clinical needs.
- Ensures all forms of documentation are accurate and complete.
- Teaches basic life, coping, and social skills.
- Sets routines and limits- maintains a safe and predictable environment.
- Facilitates therapeutic family meetings.
- Assists the TDSB teachers during education periods in section 23 classroom
- Co-facilitates peer therapy group and other programming that gears expectations to the client’s abilities.
- Using Safe Management Crisis Intervention, maintain the safety of clients, staff and the environment.
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to Youthdale’s policies and procedures.
- May be asked to take on a charge role/responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in Child and Youth Work, Social Work, Psychology or relevant field is required.
- Experience working with children or youth in a mental health setting is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Skills in Mental Health Assessment and Crisis Intervention.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), listening and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT YOUTHDALE TREATMENT CENTRES
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply with your cover letter and an updated resume by March 16, 2021.