This position is responsible for leading end to end supply chain improvement projects,by utilizing their expertise to develop strategies to increase efficiency, productivity and service. Some of the projects will drive foundamental changes in Metro’s supply chain process for the business’s long-term competitive advantages. To succeed in this position the individual must utilize fundamental business insights along with strong skills in analytics, planning, communication, leadership and ability to build consensus within the business units impacted.
- Understand supply chain business operations from end-to-end perspective, particularly the link between supply chain and other departments
- Performs and leads quantitative analysis and participates in the development of recommendations to optimize operational processes and performance. Runs statistical analysis, and conducts data modeling to identify key issues and recommend possible solutions for cost savings, service enhancements or other business benefits
- Develop effective solution to leverage business opportunities or tackle issues with major stakeholders involved and impacts to each of them well considered; Secure support from key stakeholders and leadership team for the proposed solutions
- Collaborate across multiple business groups to drive problem solving and business improvement. Build and leverage strong relationships to achieve goals. Develop execution plan and lead through the execution. Achieve preset goals on time and within budget;
- Work with corporate business partners and Supply Chain leadership to understand business needs, and identifies business analytics and reporting requirements. Develop, generate and publish reports and dashboards; as well as optimizing existing reports, analytic tools, database queries and procedures to futher identify opportunities for improvement.
- Take part in developing and implementing short-term and long-term logistics strategies;
- Support other ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, supply chain management, or engineering. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Supply Chain or related field in retail industry;
- Have been directly involved or leading strategic supply chain projects;
- Strong business acumen, good sense about financial costs and benefits analysis
- Experience in modeling operational problems and qualitative analysis
- Proficient in supply chain software: WMS (EXE), TMS (JDA), ERP (SAP);
- Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and database application skills are required;
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Green/Black Belt certification is an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Some travel may be required (Ontario and Quebec)
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.