The University Health Network,
- where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN
- . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- As an integral member of the Redevelopment Projects team, the PROJECT MANAGER is responsible for leading construction projects from the detailed design through to procurement, contract administration and close-out phases under the direction of the Manager, Clinical Projects. The principal responsibilities include: developing and implementing strategies to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple, simultaneous, small and large scale renovations within clinical hospital spaces (e.g. Inpatient units, acute care areas, clinics and exam areas, and sterile spaces ; actively managing project team members including consultants, contractors, suppliers and vendors and internal partners; managing client and stakeholder expectations including effective communication and issues resolution; monitoring the progress and quality of work associated with project outcomes; performing financial responsibilities such as defining project costs and monitoring budget activity; performing other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned or requested to contribute to the efficient functioning of the Redevelopment Projects portfolio.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree program in architecture, engineering, construction management, or recognized equivalent required.
- Minimum seven (7) years related practical experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset.
- Experience in consulting engineering, contract administration or construction management particularly as owner’s representative.
- Experience with mechanical, electrical or building envelope infrastructure design or construction an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building technical codes and standards applicable to acute health care environments
- Demonstrated ability to read construction contract documents including drawings and specifications, administration of CCDC, ACEC and OAA contracts and supplementary contract documents.
- Knowledge of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives and Supply Chain Guidelines
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications required.