Atlantic Packaging is seeking a project manager to be a part of the Project Engineering team to lead and execute projects across various Atlantic sites.
As a project manager, you are expected to use project management and engineering skills for planning and designing (technical assessment of equipment, layout changes and design, etc), and for building and executing on project scope, schedule and cost/budget, as well as ensuring that safety guidelines are met and potential risks are eliminated.
You will be expected to consistently oversee project execution/operations on the field, and be capable to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty as and when necessary.
You will need to provide periodic project status reports to VP of Engineering and be ready to accept manage changes to project scope, schedule or cost.
The incumbent should be willing to travel between various project sites of Atlantic Sites
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects and plans, determine and build schedule, detailed budget and installation and commissioning plans for accomplishing project goals, assess and manage risk and allocate available resources to various phases of each project
- Execute, manage and coordinate activities of each project to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Manage stakeholder relations related to each project e.g. plant operations/maintenance team, procurement and A/P team, project steering committee, external contractors and vendors, consultants/engineering firms, regulatory agencies and municipalities
- Be resourceful and have capability to define, develop and lead multidisciplinary projects with a strong business sense. The successful candidate will be actively working with a regional team leading large-scale, multi-disciplinary projects, focusing on a large-scale greenfield project involving building and construction management, equipment installation and commissioning and acceptance testing and closing
- Responsible for providing periodic project status reports to the VP of Engineering and be ready to accept and manage changes to the project scope, schedule or cost.
- Oversee small/medium/large scale CAPEX projects across Atlantic network and be accountable for technical quality, cost, schedule and safety on technically challenging and diverse types of projects
- Prepare project reports for management and other stakeholders and be open to changes and subsequently and modify project scope, schedule and/or budget as required
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems
- Oversee technical content of procedures and control programming for training when needed
- Resolve technical issues and challenges that are identified during the design-engineering-installation-commissioning phase of a single piece of equipment, a full production line or even a complete manufacturing facility
- Demonstrable history of delivering projects on time and on budget
- 2-5 years of experience in leading/managing small-medium-large scale projects
- Be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and accumulate experience
- Excellent designing, planning, organizational, communication skills
- Proactive hands-on approach to problem solving with proven track-record of exercising critical thinking and good judgment
- High sense of responsibility and ownership to ensure projects are taken from start to the finish line with minimum supervision / “hand-holding”
- Working knowledge of Autocad and MS-Project and/or equivalent project management tool
- Be willing to travel when necessary, and work independently and remotely in offices when required
- Expect significant travel to Ancaster, Hamilton in second half of 2022, 2023 and first half of 2024
Preferred Assets (“Good to have”)
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance codes (OHSA, building code, Electrical and environmental code) and working with regulatory agencies and municipalities
- Experience in leading or managing greenfield projects
Experience in the corrugated / packaging industry
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca.