From corrugated packaging, paper bags, retail displays, pre-print, supply and inventory management, paper mills and recycling, Atlantic is strategically positioned to provide customers with a total packaging solution.
The Project Manager, Business Enablement is an integral team member of Atlantic’s Transformation Management Office responsible for leveraging technology to revolutionize our core capabilities to maximize business outcomes. This role will join a growing team that will contribute to the digital delivery portfolio within Atlantic. Our technology projects underpin Atlantic’s digital strategy, which is focused on systems, data, and automation.
This role will ensure the successful, end-to-end delivery of multiple projects within the Business Enablement transformation program through active enterprise engagement. The Project Manager, Business Enablement will partner with Operations Leads, Automation Engineers, Director, Infrastructure, Senior Director, IT & Cybersecurity and the Senior Director of Enterprise systems to lead project teams to execute the Business Enablement deployments and will be accountable for ensuring that projects are chartered, governed, planned and executed within agreed scope, cost, schedule, and quality.
As a Project Lead, this role will lead the execution of the Business Enablement strategy, provide project and change management leadership throughout the project lifecycle, and ensure projects deliver desired outcomes, interdependencies are recognized and managed, and decisions made on projects are in the best interests of the organization.
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (currently hybrid)**
- Own the delivery of multiple concurrent projects within the Business Enablement transformation program.
- Define project priorities, objectives, scope and deliverables, in alignment with business goals, working in conjunction with business sponsors and delivery partners.
- Develop and manage project plans, communications, tasks, milestones, risks, issues, and deliverables. Deliver transparent and timely reporting of project status, issues, risks, and financials.
- Lead and manage project teams and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. Adapt to resource constraints and changing priorities to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead and coordinate cross-project and cross-functional activities to drive discussions, develop solutions, solve problems, resolve uncertainties and assess project progress and health.
- Determine critical paths and ensure that mitigation plans are in place.
- Plan and lead quality assurance and performance review sessions (stage gates) to mark major program milestones.
- Lead change management and transition of projects to business-as-usual activities.
- Travel within North America will be required.
- University Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related major.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, Prince 2).
- Certification in Change management (CCMP, CM2) would be an asset.
- 10+ years’ experience delivering complex enterprise-wide IT and ancillary technology implementations, preferably in Manufacturing.
- Experience working with different project delivery methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, Agile, SAFE), with a focus on agile and iterative value creation in a customer-centricity environment.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams effectively and with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. Demonstrates appropriate flexibility in all situations and comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the strategy agenda through to the day-to-day.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination and an energetic drive to succeed.
- Demonstrates change leadership by successfully guiding the organization through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion.
- Strong experience starting up brand new manufacturing facilities from the ground up.
- Strong experience with IT/OT, MES, PLC, Integration and Cybersecurity Systems.
- Experience with Corrugated Manufacturing Equipment would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset.
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca