JOB POSTING #872296
Job Title: Program Communications and Event Coordinator
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Centre for Mental Health
Reports to: Business Manager and Chief
Salary: $29.10 – $36.37 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent full-time
The Program Communications and Event Coordinator will be assigned to work on a variety of communication projects, program and event development initiatives to help foster growth within the Centre for Mental Health at UHN.
This position will work closely with the Business Manager and the Chief on a variety of in pursuit of significant and impactful changes and improvements to the Centre for Mental Health both locally and on a National/International front. The Program Communications and Event Coordinator will ensure that specific activities and event projects are carried out and implemented successfully. This position must be highly skilled in event coordination and communications; within this capacity will have the skills necessary to successfully organize many different initiatives at the same time, high volumes of complex information, and the ability to ensure consistent progress in all areas.
This position is considered to be a crucial member of the Centre for Mental Health and will be responsible for the support of marketing strategies with objectives and targets, assisting in event coordination, executing successful marketing campaigns, advertisement materials and regular newsletters. The role will have strong business knowledge and some customer service skills. Must have experience with design software, as well as in marketing, design and communications; portfolio is recommended. Additionally, this position also requires strong written, verbal and presentation capabilities.
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or recognized equivalent required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and Social Media Applications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphic design programs
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in communication marketing development
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in event coordination
- Demonstrated competence for assessing and managing competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Event planning and coordination; achievement of goals and objectives in a timely manner and within deadlines, assuring consistent progress
- Making impactful presentations both orally and visually, effectively facilitating discussions
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
- Superb written and oral communication skills; including strong writing skills and the ability to summarize complex information in effective ways
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in teams
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple assignments and campaigns
POSTED DATE: March 11, 2021 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted