WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Production Associate Manager.
This role will be based out of our Eastside Facility in Etobicoke. The hours of work will be 11:30 PM to 7:30 AM.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Must ensure relevant safety regulations are fully complied with, including personal protective equipment, fall protection, forklift, and hazard communication requirements
- Thoroughly investigate all accidents and complete accident report on the date of occurrence
- Follow and administer Quality Policies and Procedures
- Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping in the department
- Strive to achieve the lowest cost, goals for line, shift, and facility
- Partner with maintenance personnel to improve efficiency and UPTIME in the line
- Evaluate performance and recommend areas of improvements as appropriate. Accountable for employee performance management, attendance tracking, training documentation
- Lead the development of work practices that promote autonomy and accountability at all levels
- Lead team to run production on the line while ensuring that safety and quality requirements are properly maintained
- Lead team to identify defects on equipment, cleaning, inspections and executive corrective actions to address any defects as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Exceptional English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Forklift and pump truck license are an asset
- Prior technical experience in processing and packaging in manufacturing is an asset
- Prior experience in lean six sigma is desired
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in manufacturing is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Monthly catered lunches and chances to connect with your teammates.
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come”.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.