$22.96 an hour
Full Job Description
CUPE JOB POSTING #907668
Site: Toronto Rehab, Bickle Center
Department: Environmental Support Services
Reports To: Supervisor/Manager
Hourly Range: $22.96 to $23.45 (Start rate: $22.96 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 05:00am to 13:00pm Saturday and 0630am to 1430pm Sunday, rotating weekends
Status: Permanent Part-Time
Transporting patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed from Dialysis South 3 back to the respective home unit as per established schedule or as requested
- Delivery of clean linens to all clinical areas
- Collection of soiled linen
- Collect soiled patient clothing for laundering (internal)
- Collect and dispose of soiled disposable briefs
- Responsible for minor repairs and alterations to uniforms and curtains etc.
- Create labels for uniforms and patient clothing (Thermo Patch)
- Attend required education and safety training, attend staff meetings
- Assist in training of new personnel in all required job functions
- Use Linen Master application for orders and cancellations of linen.
- Any other related duties
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Education- Elementary school minimum/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Must be able to follow procedures and verbal commands exactly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to handle standing, walking and lifting 20-40 kg. on a constant basis
- Ability to handle pulling and pushing loaded linen carts (approx. 80 kg) on a frequent basis
- Ability to operate light and heavy duty machines i.e. Washers and dryers
- Ability to stand for long periods of time required
- Ability to withstand long periods of heat required
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds an characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: pushing/pulling patients in beds/wheelchairs weighing greater than 20 kg
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 13, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted