As an integral member of the Plant Operations & Maintenance Department the principal responsibilities of the PLUMBER include: inspecting, maintaining and/or replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas and drainage systems of the hospital facilities; maintaining and repairing plumbing systems equipment in confined and/or open spaces; performing pipefitting and other duties, while ensuring proper care in the use of equipment and supplies; performing quality management responsibilities; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must possess a current Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Minimum of 6 months related work experience.
- Must be able to read building plans, blueprints and plumbing schematic drawings and upgrades.
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing principles, pipe specification codes and principles of operation application of equipment required.
- Math, drafting, physics and good analytical skills required.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Ability to lift 11kg to 20kg
POSTED DATE: September 19, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.