University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Pharmacy Technician in our Pharmacy Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Pharmacy Services Inpatient Operations Team, the PHARMACY TECHNICIAN is responsible for: independently performing all technical aspects of prescription preparation including compounding and dispensing responsibilities, as per master worksheets; replenishing stock medication supplies for assigned areas; ensuring patient information is updated and maintained in the pharmacy computer system; completing all required reports and documentation; attending, participating and assisting in staff and patient training/educational functions; performing workload measurement support functions; and performing cross-functional and/other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Completion of an accredited college level Pharmacy Technician Program required and if graduated prior to 2008, Certification with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (CPhT) or completion of Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada (PEBC) Evaluating Exam required.
- Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada preferred.
- Active licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) preferred.
• Eligibility to register with OCP as RPhT required.
- Two years practical and related experience preferred.
- Certification (R.Ph.T.) by the Ontario College of Pharmacists required.
- Previous hospital experience with unit dose system and intravenous admixture service, preferred.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines.
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery.
- Ability to work variable shifts.
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Technicians (CAPT) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery (e.g. automated dispensing cabinets).
- Ability to work variable shift
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: August 19, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply. University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.