Full Job Description
Position Title: Pharmacy Manager – Temporary
Position Type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 34831
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: TORONTO 100 Lynn Williams
Contribute to the achievement of strategic goals and objectives for their pharmacy while ensuring the attainment of budgeted financial metrics. In addition, provide direct patient care and manage their pharmacy inclusive of the dispensary and front shop while ensuring adherence to both Company operating standards and Ontario College of Pharmacists’ standards of practice. **This role is temporary**
- Ensure the Pharmacy department is in compliance with OCP regulations/policies, any other regulatory body governing the practice of pharmacy, and the Company’s policies, procedures, operational standards and initiatives.
- Meet all requirements as a Designated Manager with OCP.
- Perform all professional activities of dispensing, patient counseling and pharmacy services and perform all tasks required to satisfy dispensary orders.
- Perform all acts under the expanded scope of pharmacy practice.
- Provide pharmacy services and Company initiatives.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals in the provision of patient care.
- Ensure the pharmacy opens and closes according to hours of operation and manage pharmacist scheduling needs.
- Organize dispensary functions and personnel to optimize workflow and manage front shop operations.
- Ensure the completion of all pharmacy-related paperwork.
- Manage operations of the OTC business
- Manage inventory and shrink.
- Schedule all pharmacy staff members (includes pharmacist coverage for all hours of operations).
- Manage unionized employees and the staff pharmacist(s).
- Resolve staff issues and concerns.
- Maintain awareness of current local competitive activity and business development opportunities and inform head office.
- Satisfy the Company’s expectations on the delivery of consistent, exceptional customer service.
- Maintain store standards and conditions.
- Cash register operations.
- Education – B.Sc. Phm. Degree (4-year University Pharmacy Program).
- Licensure – Registered Part A Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Injection certified, Smoking Cessation certified and registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll).
- HR management skills to hire, train, motivate, retain, coach and develop competent employees.
- Leadership to inspire and motivate people to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Financial & business acumen – strong knowledge of financial & operational aspects of pharmacy.
- Strong operations knowledge to converge best practices into effective approach.
- Results oriented demonstrating bias for action and motivated by ROI.
- Driving continuous improvement in processes/procedures to improve pharmacy’s performance.
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment.
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner.
- Organizational skills to prioritize, plan ahead, manage time and be punctual.
- Customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction by recognizing customer needs/wants.
- Receptivity to accept constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks independently.
Pharmacy Manager will receive direction from the Pharmacy Operations Manager and provide direction to Staff Pharmacists, Support Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacist Assistants, and Pharmacy Clerks. They will interact with internal contacts (Pharmacy Operations, Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Merchandising, Inventory Control and Audit, Payroll, Store Services, Human Resources, Pensions and Benefits, Health and Safety, Maintenance, Grocery Operations, McMahon, Metro IT) and external contacts (direct pharmacy vendors: McMahon, McKesson, Kroll Canada, VoiceTech Inc., Union Stewards and Representatives).
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.