Are you a Personal Support Worker who prides yourself on empathy, adaptability, and excellent judgment? If so, this position may be the ideal fit for you!
We are hiring for Home Support Program, eHomecare (Health Care Technician) Program, and Neighbourhood Model Program
(Full-time and Part-time roles available, shifts include days, evenings or nights)
Our PSWs provide personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and work to your full scope and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be a certified Personal Support Worker (PSW, DSW, HSW)
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Experience in community health an asset
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference.
Screening interviews will be held virtually, not at the following physical locations:
- Tilbury, ON
- Brantford, ON
- Burlington, ON
- Hamilton, ON
- Camlachie, ON
- Paris, ON
- Sarnia, ON
- Chatham, ON
- Simcoe, ON
- Bancroft, ON
- Thunder Bay, ON
- North Bay, ON
- Kingston, ON
- Wallaceburg, ON
- Belleville, ON
- Trenton, ON
- Picton, ON
- Madoc, ON
- Grand Bend, ON
- Blenhiem, ON
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they’re not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.