Employment Status: Casual
Program Name: Community Supports – Assisted Living
Work Schedule: Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: SEIU
On Call: No
The PSW provides personal care in a respectful and caring manner within the framework of the VON Care and Service Model, policies and procedures. The successful candidate will work effectively as part of a multi disciplinary team providing client focused care with good problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing personal support services such as assistance with dressing, personal hygiene, mobility and other activities of daily living. They will also provide homemaking services such as light housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and shopping for clients. The PSW will assist seniors to live as safely and independently as possible.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma
- Secondary Education preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Valid driver’s license & use of a reliable vehicle with current car insurance
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.