Positions Available: 3
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Thornhill, ON
Hours of Work: 12 Hours per week
Hourly Rate: $21.19
- Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Benefits: Full time positions are eligible for vacation, paid-sick days, as well as health and RRSP benefits.
Reconnect is a thriving, not-for-profit health care provider in the west end of Toronto. We take our commitment to our clients and work seriously. We value innovation, compassion, and hard work, as well as the importance of building relationships and having fun while doing our jobs.
We are very excited to offer the opportunity for Personal Support Workers to join our dynamic organization and provide support to our clients in the community. If you are seeking a role that combines challenge, growth, and a chance to make a real impact, look no further!
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization in the west end of Toronto. Our services include supports for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of client-centered care in our sector.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will provide personal care, homemaking and related duties to transitional unit clients.
What You’ll Do:
You will be entrusted with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Providing personal care to clients in a community and facility unit setting including assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, incontinence care, feeding, medication management etc.
- Performing light homemaking and other related duties in the clients’ unit
- Reporting client behavioural changes, physical and safety hazards, task changes or other sources of concern.
What We’re Looking For:
To thrive in this exciting role, we seek candidates with:
- Working towards or completed Personal Support Worker Diploma or certificate with relevant experience
- Proven experience working in a group living or long term care setting for one year or more
- Good written and verbal language skills in English
- Knowledge and experience working with seniors, frail elderly, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, and/or disabled individuals
- Open availability
- CPR/ First Aid Certification
- Second language is an asset
- Interacts with client, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B and C viruses.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Reconnect, all new hires must have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date and will be required to show proof. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon Reconnect’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now.”
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 899-7894.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $21.19 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thornhill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Personal Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- post-secondary Personal Support Worker certificate? (required)
Work Location: In person