Position: Patient Observation Technician (4 positions)
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Reports To: Manager
Scale/Grade: B0 03
Salary Range: $22.52 to $28.15 per hour
Hours: Various Hours/Week; 8 & 12 Hour Shifts – Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
The Telemonitoring team is an initiative created to respond to unit staffing requirements at UHN, based on patient acuity and replacement needs.
As a member of the Telemonitoring team the Tele-Monitor Observation Technician provides continuous observation & monitoring to patients who are identified as a safety risk. The principal responsibilities include: provides continuous remote observation to an identified group of patients; sets up software & equipment for remote observation; receives report and documents relevant patient activity as necessary; re-directs the patient via audio device as necessary; works with & seeks assistance from inter-disciplinary team as required; identifies & reports all safety concerns; and performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with job classification as assigned or requested.
- High school plus one year post-secondary education in a health care related program and one year health related experience
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) Certification
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently within the patient care team(s)
- Demonstrated client or patient centered approach in providing assistance and care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have basic compute operation skills, able to use smart phone technology and able to work with technology, hardware and software applications and equipment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates safe work practice & attitude; follows safety rules; works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviours
Posted Date: August 22, 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have maintained satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however for non-UHN employees, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.