University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Patient Management Centre Representative in our Cancer Education Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Cancer Education team, the Patient Management Centre Representative duties include: ensuring the provision of optimum customer service; assisting patients and family with navigating the hospital and services in-person and on the telephone; consistently delivering prompt and courteous services to patients, family and staff; using the electronic patient record in accordance with UHN privacy and confidentiality provisions to assist patients in knowing the location of their appointments or clinics; sorting and distributing mail to appropriate staff and departments; liaising with supervisor about any needs observed on the main floor including the supply of wheelchairs available etc.; performing Info Desk specific activities to ensure the effective operation; performing cross-functional support functions, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Comfort with computers
- Excellent Microsoft office skills including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and patient/customer services skills; sensitivity to patients and families, fears and anxieties – ability to use good judgment in assessing and/or responding to difficult situations
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work – ability to establish and adhere to priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- One year (1) related experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred