JOB POSTING #880313
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Medical Imaging
Reports to: Supervisor
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
As a member of Medical Imaging, the Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for the overall organization of patient visits from the booking of the appointment through to follow-up appointments. The Patient Flow Coordinator performs the following responsibilities: making confirmation calls to patients to ensure that preparation for the procedure is accurately provided; communicates effectively in person or by telephone with internal and external parties; preparing patient lists for the day including the retrieval of required information from the patient chart such as pertinent blood work values; coordinates and facilitates the efficient flow of patients through the various stages of their visit; performs various reception responsibilities including answering patient queries and handling busy telephone activities; arranging appointments for imaging tests; and performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; and performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience required
- Previous experience working in a Health care environment is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications preferably in a Microsoft Office environment
- Previous experience working with EPR or other ADT (Admitting, Discharge & Transfer systems) preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong judgement / decision making skills
- Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult people or situations
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressured environment with simultaneous demands
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive patient data and information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of services
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posting Date: July 27, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.