Job Posting #873758
Position: Patient Flow Coordinator
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Ambulatory Clinics – Gynecology Site
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Salary Range: $20.65- $25.82 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: Up to 28 hours per week
Status: Permanent Part Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Patient Flow Coordinator in our Ambulatory Clinics-Gynecology Site
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre has 12 site groups and 26 specialty clinics, and almost 3,000 staff who see over 400,000 patient visits every year. Its 800,000 square feet house 130 inpatient beds, 373,000 square feet of research space and 17 radiation treatment machines, making it one of the largest comprehensive cancer treatment facilities in the world and the largest radiation treatment centre in Canada.
As a member of the Ambulatory Clinics, the Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for the overall processing of patient clinic visits from registration through to follow-up appointments. The Patient Flow Coordinator (PFC) performs the following responsibilities: performs various reception responsibilities including making appointments for tests and answering patient queries and handling busy telephone activities; coordinates and facilitates the efficient flow of patients through the various stages of their visit; communicates effectively in person or by telephone with internal and external parties; coordinates the scheduling of patient appointments including the retrieval of charts from Health Records, pulling patient clinic lists for the day and activating patient information in the computer; responsible for ordering and stocking of supplies and setting up of equipment; performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; and performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a medical terminology course(s) is an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience
- Previous experience working in a Health care environment is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with the UHN Clinical Desktop applications or other ADT (Admitting, Discharge & Transfer systems) preferred
- Working knowledge of computer software applications preferably in a Microsoft Office environment
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong judgment/decision making skills
- Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult people or situations
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressured environment with simultaneous demands
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive patient data and information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of services
Posting Date: March 25, 2021 Closing Date: April 1, 2021
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.