Patient Experience, Project Coordinator II
Job Posting#: 922360
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Schroeder Arthritis Institute
Reports to: Clinical Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $32.19 – $40.24 hourly
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: July 13, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Schroeder Arthritis Institute is the largest multidisciplinary arthritis hub in Canada, integrating medical, surgical and basic science aspects of Hand, Orthopedics, Osteoporosis and Rheumatology with a goal of making a global impact in discovery, learning and patient care. The Orthopedic Program within the Schroeder Arthritis Institute is embarking on advancing integrated Arthritis care for the future to improve patient and essential care partner experience and outcomes throughout their care journey.
Reporting jointly to the Clinical Director, the Division Head, and Physician lead, the Patient Experience Project Coordinator, Schroeder Arthritis Institute will be an integral member of the Schroeder Arthritis Institute Leadership and Strategic Projects Team to lead multiple initiatives to enhance patient experience and care for our patients and their families, in line with UHN’s Strategy Vision of A Healthier World by Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent initiatives that are complex and span across the continuum of care. The role involves working with multiple departments and engaging different levels of leadership across UHN. Critical to this role is the ability to apply a health system lens to assist in the design and implementation of an integrated system of care enabled by digital health.
- Assume overall end-to-end ownership throughout project life cycle across a multi-disciplinary teamUHN environment with ability to appropriately engage Schroeder Arthritis Institute Leadership and Strategic Projects Team for input and approvals
- Develop, implement, manage and review short and long-term plans in alignment with program goals and objectives, including monitoring the deliverables across teams to ensure milestone completion
- Regularly monitor stakeholder engagement and report on implementation progress, risks and issues to Clinical Director, and Project leadership on a regular basis and identify strategies to minimize/ resolve
- Maintain a strong focus on change management and communications across the multiple stakeholders, including collaborating with direct managers to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of patient care and patient experience
- Regularly interface with project sponsors and stakeholders at various levels to build and maintain strong relationships for successful project scoping, implementation, and optimized care delivery pathways
- Manage and support development of REB applications, business plans, proposals, and/or briefing notes
- At minimum, completion of Undergraduate Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or recognized equivalent
- At minimum practical and related experience and/or on-the-job training required
- Experience in project design and implementation is a must (ie. setting work plans, developing slide decks for various stakeholders, delegating and overseeing small group activities related to final project deliverables)
- Ability to lead the development of needs assessments and project evaluation into project planning
- Demonstrated ability to integrate both project and change management methodologies effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management from both internal and external healthcare organizations, and project stakeholders
- Excellent ability to anticipate and analyze risks and issues, explore alternatives, develop appropriate recommendations with project team, subject matter experts and present approach to senior leadership
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation and Change Management Certification are assets
- Able to perform in multiple roles which contribute to project, operational or strategic initiatives
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills required
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills required. Ability to identify and escalate issues related to project deadlines to key stakeholders when appropriate
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Strong tactical and good critical strategic thinking
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent team building skills, listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent MS Office capabilities – particularly Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to produce high quality reports and meet deadlines
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.