Looking to join a creative, engaging team of professionals?
Located in Davenport Village, Hellenic Home – Hellenic Care for Seniors (Toronto) Inc., is an outstanding ‘Home away from Home’ providing personalized quality care and services to the 81 residents and over 250 tenants in our community.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for:
- Reviews and follows all menus and prepares food following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies and recommends corrective action when need be regarding quality.
- Ensures proper and safe storage and handling of all food products
- Coaches Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation
- Maintains all required records and cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
Must meet one of the three (3) following qualification scenarios:
- Chef training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act; or
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act, or
- Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition.
Additional qualifications include:
- Red Seal Cook Trade Certification an asset but not required.
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
- Experience with the Greek cuisine is an asset.
- Part-time hours: 15 per week
- Salary: $18.85-$19.85 per hour